Friday 27 June 2008

Cesky Krumlov: Oh My Gaping Jaw...

How is it even possible for a place to be this beautiful? I kept expecting to stumble on some stray wires and discover it for the movie set it feels like.










The castle, which overlooks the river:





And is still guarded by bears.
















I can't even describe it. I'm still at a loss for words.

I walked around the town several times over, lounged at river side cafe's. I marveled at the storefronts and the calmness of this place.

I dined on pheasant, millet, potato and sweet pickles, and finished off with a glass of hot south-bohemian mead.

I walked back to the hostel along dark, utterly silent streets.


Absolutely breathtaking.

* * *

End note: I'm off to the land of the midnight sun, and the internet situation is a bit up in the air so don't freak out if I'm not accessible for a while. I'll get in touch when I can.

No comments: